What is chair massage?
Chair massage is also known as seated massage – is a type of massage that takes place on an traditional massage chair, designed to take the weight off the spine and give easy access to the head, neck, back, shoulders and arms.
Chair massage is commonly done over the clothes and does not require oils or creams. This makes it a great mobile service, frequently utilised at events, corporate settings and exhibitions. Ideal for almost anywhere within the workplace.
But Swedish Chair massage has a medical purpose and we use creme and oil.
The benefits of Swedish Chair massage are numerous and it has been shown to:
- help reduce soreness
- relax muscles
- reduce tension
- ease headaches and eyestrain
- relieve aches and pains.
- More importantly, chair massage treatments have been shown to alleviate the symptoms of stress.
In this class you will learn approx 60 massage grips/stetches.
Swedish Chair Massage facts:
- Treatment duration: Usually 15, 20 or 30 minutes
- Body parts treated: Back, neck, shoulders, arms, head and hands
- Techniques used: Effleurage, petrissage, friktion, vibration, tapotement, stretching.
- Equipment: Traditional massage chair.
Sign up at the IMA Approved school Reflexovital