IMA purpose and business terms
At The International Massage Association (IMA) we aim to unite people with a special interest in massage. We are therefore open to various national associations, special associations, massage therapy groups and various types of massage.
Besides offering the Massage Therapists the opportunity of competing at International competitions, The IMA also invite to seminars on the future of massage in an interdisciplinary collaboration worldwide.
The IMA is a private organization whose purpose is to:
- Provide advice and guidance to the National Associations
- Provide advice and guidance to the Special Associations
- Provide advice and guidance to the Massage schools and their workspaces
- Provide individual advice and guidance to Massage Therapists
Advice and guidance is free of charge.
How does the IMA make money?
- The IMA make money by arranging International competitions and thereby charging a participation fee. Additionally from sponsorships.
- Should a National Association or a Massage School be interested in arranging a local Championship, approved by the IMA, an official cooperation will be established. The National Association or school will pay a concept fee of 20% of the tournament/competition revenue (minimum 500 €)