Latest Massage therapist to register the World Championship in Massage is Erica Ryan from Ireland. The International Massage Association has asked her to tell about herself:
Hi, my name is Erica Ryan. I am the owner of White Willow at the Radisson Blu St. Helen’s Hotel, Dublin. I am a holistic massage freestyle expert, holistic nutritionist, wellness and self care advisor with 20 years experience in the industry.
White Willow Natural Skincare Clinic is a peaceful, relaxing oasis where organic, clean, high quality massage treatments are paired with relevant wellness and nutrition advice to make everyone feel their best, inside and out.
We offer services that are unique to the market and work with 100% plant-based, organic, cruelty free and vegan brands and products of the highest quality supporting a world of sustainability and less toxicity, whilst providing top of the range holistic massage treatments.
About my massage treatments and technique
My method of massage is a freestyle White Willow Signature technique. That comprises 6 specific techniques to the treatment, all with a holistic and therapeutic touch:
- Deep Tissue / Sports Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Stretch Combinations
- Lymphatic Drainage (face and body),
- Lomi Lomi
- Pressure Point Massage/neuro muscular and muscle energy techniques
- Holistic and therapeutic combinations
I also have tooling aids I use during some of my massages such as Guasha stones, Lymphatic Drainage tools, and I always practice breath work where appropriate with a Calm blend of 100% plant based aromatherapy oils our clients love. It is our signature scent.
I believe in order to execute the right treatment for an individual you have to ignite all your senses: touch, sound, smell, sight and taste, and ignite the 4 elements of your wellbeing: physical health, emotional health, mental health and spiritual health.
The majority of my experience in Massage Therapy has been obtained abroad in America, Australia and Canada where I specialised in various massage techniques working with professionals all over the world to improve my skills.
Upon returning home from these countries, I adapted by creating my own signature technique which takes 1hr 15min, and includes the face, head and full body.
I am an ambassador for the TM meditation massage technique and recommend clients to self care on a daily basis showing them Qigong practices. I am also a strong promoter of yoga both for the face and body, and Gong Meditation baths.
Education, qualification & achievements
- Beauty and Massage Therapist with internationally recognized ITEC, CIBTAC and CIDESCO qualifications – Kilkenny College of Beauty & Sports Therapy (https://kilkennycbt.com).
- Sports Massage and Sports Therapy & Massage – Kilkenny Sports Therapy and Massage School (not in operation anymore/website unavailable).
- Fully Insured Member of IMTA – The Irish Massage Therapists Association (https://massageireland.org).
- In-house training with massage therapy experts in America, Australia and Canada.
- IAHM certified Holistic Nutritionist – Irish Association of Holistic Medicine (http://holisticmedicine.ie).
- I have demonstrated Indian Head Massage technique live on RTÉ Off The Rails show (Ireland).
- I have been a guest expert at Victoria Clarke Radio Show on Dublin City FM (Ireland) – ‘The Art of Living’ radio show related to sustainable and clean beauty, wellness and lifestyle.
- I gave an interview to The Female Wellness Hub Podcast (Ireland) about health, wellness, nutrition and natural/organic beauty products.
- I have been a guest blogger on Ann Smyth Wedding Blog (International), providing expert advice to brides-to-be about beauty and wellness, including massage therapy.
- My salon and treatments have been featured in Social & Personal magazine (Ireland).
- I actively write newsletters, blogs and e-books on topics of massage, health, wellness and beauty.
- A list of influencers, media personalities and Irish celebrity figures have and continue to visit the salon on a regular basis.
- I am in the process of starting an Online Massage Training business platform for spas throughout Ireland and internationally.
Website and Social Media
The International Massage Association look forward watching Erica Ryan’s skills at the World Championship in Massage in June/July in wonderful Copenhagen, Denmark.