Latest participant at the World Championship in Massage 2020 in Copenhagen is Jessica Jarabek representing Victoria BC, Canada.
About Jessica Jarabek
Jessica has a keen interest in health and preventative care, with interest and expertise in sports and athletics while focusing on holistic healing, nutrition and creating a sense of overall well-being to her clientele. She has been massaging since 2004. Prior to her graduation in Canada for massage and spa therapy, she gained a European educated background in fitness theory, group cycling, personal training and nutrition. Jessica has taught massage in Nicaragua, worked in Europe and Maui with Tour de France professional cycling athletes and AWT/PWT windsurfers.
She holds certifications with the Canadian Sports Massage Association as well as National and International licences and Certifications in both the US, Maui and Canada for massage and bodywork rehabilitation. Working with such events like the Butterfly Effect and the Olympics in Whistler she uses this knowledge and experiences to incorporate a variety of techniques to her treatments. Currently working and expanding skills with Parkway Physiotherapy Performance Center which is a multidisciplinary clinic on beautiful Vancouver Island. www.parkwayphysiotherapy.ca
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Registered Massage Therapist Diploma Program (3032 hours), West Cost College of Massage Therapy
Victoria, BC | 2010 – 2012
Sports Massage Diploma Certifications, Canadian Sports Massage Therapist Association
Victoria, BC | 2012
Massage & Spa Therapy Honours Diploma, Sprott Shaw College
Victoria, BC | 2006-2007
• BARRE instructor certification (2019)
• Level 3 Lomi Lomi training (2013)
• Sports medicine apprenticeship with a multidisciplinary group of professors providing a European educated background in: Fitness Theory, Group Cycling, Personal Training and Nutrition. (2004-2009)
• Reflexology, Reiki, Shiatsu disciplines and Level 1 Manual Lymph Drainage (2008-2011)
• In progress of Watsu pool rehabilitation training (2016)
Professional Affiliations & Qualifications
• Registered Massage Therapist – Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of BC
• Licensed Massage Therapist – Hawaii Board of Massage Therapy
• National Certification – National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
• European Massage Association member
• First Aid CPR/AED Certification – Canadian Red Cross
The International massage Association and our partners look forward watching Jessica Jarabek skills at the World Championship in Massage in June 2020 in Wonderful Copenhagen..