IMA purpose and business terms
At The International Massage Association (IMA) we aim to unite people with a special interest in massage. We are therefore open to various national associations, special associations, massage therapy groups and various types of massage.
Besides offering the Massage Therapists the opportunity of competing at International competitions, The IMA also invite to seminars on the future of massage in an interdisciplinary collaboration worldwide. Massage teachers can also sign up for the Massage Teachers Class which is for those who are already teaching or planning to teach others in the world. The Massage Teacher Class will take place at the Top Spa Festival.
The IMA is a private organization whose purpose is to:
- Provide advice and guidance to the National Associations
- Provide advice and guidance to the Special Associations
- Provide advice and guidance to the Massage schools and their workspaces
- Provide individual advice and guidance to Massage Therapists
Advice and guidance is free of charge.
How is the IMA run?
- The IMA is arranging International competitions and thereby charging a participation fee. Additionally from sponsorships.
- Should a National Association or a Massage School be interested in arranging a national championship, approved by the IMA, an official cooperation will be established. The fee per championship is 1000 EUR + flight and accommodation for IMA-Founder Jeppe Tengbjerg or 1 IMA board member to help judging the championship. The Organizer is responsible for complying with the IMA concept and guidelines and are requested to contact the IMA in case of any doubts. The Organizer are responsible for all tasks in connection to the event.